RE: [alf-dev] Nomination of George Stanchev as ALF Committer - Summary of Votes and PMC approval

The summary of votes for George Stanchev as an ALF Committer are:

4 Votes of "+1" (unanimous); no votes of "0"; no votes of "-1"

Detail of voting by ALF committers, with links to the mail archives:
  Brian Carroll  +1
(http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/msg00660.html)
  Tim Buss       +1
(http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/msg00661.html)
  Kevin Parker   +1
(http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/msg00662.html)
  Mark Phippard  +1
(http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/msg00663.html)

Please see:
  1. The original nominating email, immediately below.
  2. The PMC's (Bjorn Freeman-Benson's) approval email following that.

Congratulations to George!  As a committer, he will be able to
contribute even more to ALF.

Brian

On 2/16/07, Brian Carroll <BCarroll@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I nominate George Stanchev to be added to the ALF project as a
> committer. George has been making valuable contributions to ALF for
> the past five months. He has been working with me to implement the ALF

> SSO system for reduced signon and conveying an identity to the various

> tools invoked as part of an ALF ServiceFlow.  George quickly came up
> to speed with the relevant web services security standards and open
> source implementations, and has been interfacing with the Higgins
> project and STS implementers to be sure ALF interoperates. I think
> he'd be a great addition to the team of committers.
>
> ALF committers (Tim, Kevin, Mark) please respond to this email with
either:
> +1 (approve) -1 (disapprove), or 0 (indifferent), or request for more
> information.  Voting will be open through 6PM PST on Feb 27th. If I
> don't hear from a given committer within that period, I'll assume a
> vote of 0.  If we receive at least three +1 with no -1, the addition
> will be provisionally approved and I'll begin the rest of the Eclipse
committer election process.

> My vote: +1
>
> Brian
> Brian Carroll
> Serena Fellow
> ALF Project Lead
> Serena Software
> (ofc)  (503) 617-2436
> (cell)  (503) 318-2017
> bcarroll@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian,
The Technology PMC approves of the election of George Stanchev. Please
go ahead and fill out the New Committer Request Form:
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/committer_process/committer_request.html

- Bjorn

Brian Carroll wrote:
Hi Bjorn,

I request that George Stanchev, who works for the Eclipse member
company, Serena, be approved as a committer for the ALF project
(incubator subproject within the Technology Project).

Info for the New Committer Request form:
First Name: George
Last Name: Stanchev
E-Mail:gstanchev@xxxxxxxxxx

Vote URL is on the alf-dev mailing list archive:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/maillist.html
The specific messages containing votes are:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/msg00660.html (Brian
Carroll, Nominator +1)
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/msg00661.html (Tim Buss,
+1)
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/msg00662.html (Kevin Parker
+1)
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/alf-dev/msg00663.html (Mark
Phippard +1)

Summary of voting: All four ALF committers voted +1; there were no 0's
and no -1's

By way of background, I have been working closely with George, guiding
and supervising his work on the ALF SSO component.  All along the
process
I have been impressed with the structure and quality of the code
produced.  While we are still expanding, documenting, and increasing the
quality assurance of that codebase, that originally developed effort
resulted in working code that was demonstrated at a a joint ALF-Higgins
EclipseCon demo session last week.  He has also been interacting with
and contributing to the mailing list discussions of Higgins.  Based on
my personal experience supervising George throughout the development of
the component, I strongly recommend his approval as an ALF committer.
He will thoughtfully carry out the IP and due dilligence duties expected
of a Committer.

Regards,
Brian
P.S. Not for this election (because it wasn't working in time), but now
that the MyFoundation portal (http://portal.eclipse.org/) is working for
all projects (as of last week), we'd like to urge you to use the portal
for future committer elections on ALF.