Re: [ajdt-dev] Test failures

Re: the AspectJ tests.

On 6 December 2010 13:13, F.A. Bourbonnais <fab.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 4. Finally, when I launched JUnit tests for AspectJ, it ends with 6 failures:
>
>    - org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.TjpWeaveTestCase  (4 failures)
>    - JDK 1.5 -
> org.aspectj.systemtest.incremental.tools.MultiProjectIncrementalTests
> (2 failures)
>
>    JUnit result is attached in AJ JUnit Tests 20101204-233248.xml.

How are you running them?  The entry point I use in eclipse is
RunTheseBeforeYouCommit JUnit test - I presume that is how you are
launching them?  As of an hour ago they were all green (4343 tests).
That is on windows 64bit (sun jdk) and Mac.  The build machine is on
linux but hasn't had a successful run for a while, since someone moved
the JDK on me which stopped it doing anything.  I've just sorted that
out and so it will be interesting to see if the next linux build goes
through ok since it more represents your configuration. However, that
is not on openjdk I don't believe.

I never run the tests from the command line.  Obviously the CI build
does but I can't remember how it does it - I'd need to dig that out.
Are you ok just running them in eclipse?

I looked at your failures - some of those are new-ish tests so may not
have passed on linux yet (I'll see what the build says later today
when it completes).  The old tests (like TjpAround/etc) could be
related to the JVM level in use - looks like some argument names are
being forgotten (and therefore generated).  I'll wait to say more
until I have a linux build through.

cheers
Andy

Back to the top