Re: [aether-users] OSGi wiring issue (was Release of Aether Core 0.9.1)

I don't know where package versions come from, but m2e exports org.eclipse.aether.impl and most of other aether packages with version 0.9.0.M2 already.

Igor

On 2014-04-06, 17:16, Andreas Sewe wrote:
Hi Benjamin,

The only layman's explanation I have is that Equinox sees an opportunity
to "upgrade" the org.eclipse.aether.impl package from 0.9.1 (provided by
the org.eclipse.aether.impl bundle) to version 0.0.0 supplied by
org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime.

Starting to wonder whether m2e needs to fix that maven.runtime bundle to
specify the proper package version to help Equinox along. It doesn't
sound like a solid foundation for wiring decisions if Equinox doesn't
know what package version it's actually dealing with.

IMHO, the org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime not only needs proper versions
on its exported packages but also uses directives. Convincing Igor that
this is needed, however, is difficult, as long as I can't prove that the
fault isn't Code Recommenders's. (After all, we are the only project
that has this kind of problems -- but then again, we are AFAIK the only
project besides m2e in the release train using Aether.)

Thus, I'd really like to understand why Equinox does the things it does
first, before approaching Igor again.

Long story short, I currently don't see what else I can reasonably fix
on Aether's OSGi headers.

You've done more than enough. Thank you. (FWIW, the reason I keep
posting here is more to keep you informed and in-the-loop than to push
work your way.)

Best wishes,

Andreas

Back to the top