Re: [aether-users] Creating metadata for local installation

On Oct 19, 2011, at 307PM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> Dennis Reedy wrote:
>
>> I'm using Aether in a standalone application.
>
> Sorry, that still doesn't tell me much about how you actually wire all the bits and pieces of Aether together :-)

I followed the approach you used in your example, so the DefaultServiceLocator approach is being used. I just don't know what to tell the locator to add. You've been hinting around certain things, I think we;re getting closer, I just need details.

DefaultServiceLocator locator = new DefaultServiceLocator();
locator.addService( MetadataGeneratorFactory.class, SnapshotMetadataGeneratorFactory.class );

Is this what I should do? What if I'm dealing with non-snapshots? What else would need to be done?

Thanks again

Dennis

Back to the top