Re: [aether-users] Creating metadata for local installation

Dennis Reedy wrote:

I'm using Aether in a standalone application.

Sorry, that still doesn't tell me much about how you actually wire all the bits and pieces of Aether together :-)

Can I directly create the MetadataGenerator using SnapshotMetadataGeneratorFactory or VersionsMetadataGeneratorFactory (for non-snapshots) ?

Well yes, the current classes can be instantiated via constructor and passed into the DefaultInstaller/-Deployer via setters.

But really, manually wiring Aether together is surely the most complicated and fragile way. When not using Sisu, I strongly suggest to have a look at the previously mentioned org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultServiceLocator class. An example of its use can be found among the aether-demo module [0].

Benjamin

[0] https://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-aether/blob/master/aether-demo/src/main/java/demo/manual/ManualRepositorySystemFactory.java

Back to the top