Re: [aether-users] Creating metadata for local installation

Dennis Reedy wrote:

Okay, looks like I am indeed missing the use of a MetadataGeneratorFactory. What is an implementation of the MetadataGeneratorFactory so I can get an instance of it and use it? And, once I get it what do I do with it?

You didn't describe how you boot Aether so I cannot make concrete suggestions. When using Plexus/Sisu, it should be as simple has having the maven-aether-provider on the class path. When using the ServiceLocator approach, you should look into using org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultServiceLocator.

Once the MetadataGeneratorFactories are registered with the DefaultInstaller/-Deployer, they get called by those components during install/deploy requests. I.e. a client of Aether is not expected to call them manually, they are extension points/hooks that get called automatically to contribute the desired metadata.

Benjamin

Back to the top