Re: [aether-users] [aether-user] Artifact versions from local repo

Marc Vachon wrote:

to start, please note that Aether is moving to Eclipse and future communication should be handled via the new mailing lists [0].

I'm trying to use RepositorySystem.resolveVersionRange to retrieve all available versions of an artifact. It works great as long as a remote repository is provided. Without the remote repository, nothing is returned even if I have artifacts in my local repo. How can I retrieve what's in my local repo if I'm offline or no remote repo is specified?

As general background info, please also read this post:

  http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aether-users/msg00009.html

What I said in this post about artifacts generally applies to metadata as well.

It's a common misunderstanding to think that passing an empty list of remote repos to a resolution request is the same as operating if offline mode, it isn't. The remote repos given for a particular request are important to properly scope the resolution result. If you strictly need to violate this principle, you have to implement your own LocalRepositoryManager that consequently blurs the boundaries between the various sources of an artifact.

Benjamin

[0] http://www.eclipse.org/aether

Back to the top