[science-iwg] HDF in DAWN and January

Ted,

Following up on our email recently about data structures in Eclipse January, I wanted to provide you a link to the repository and the original proposal:

Project Page - http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.january
Proposal - https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/january
Code - https://github.com/eclipse/january

Peter Chang and Jonah Graham are the project leads. I am a committer in addition to being the project's mentor (for procedural support). This project combines data structures out of Eclipse ICE, EAVP, and DAWNSci. ICE focuses on higher level "Form" data structures that manage information in a large tree. EAVP is our visualization project and provided a lot of data structures for 3D geometries, meshes, post-processing, etc. DAWNSci made its IDataSet infrastructure open source which is an N-dimensional array library for Java. You may recall from the paper that Matt Gerring co-wrote with us that DAWNSci has some level of support for HDF5. I am not sure if that is available publicly, but certainly Peter and Matt can tell us.

It would be very interesting to add even more support for HDF5 into January.

Best,
Jay

--
Jay Jay Billings