[science-iwg] Hierarchy browsing in Eclipse

Ted,

I wanted to follow up on our discussion of tree/hierarchy browsers in Eclipse from the other day. There are several technologies that may interest you depending on how much work you want to do.

Most of the tree browsers that we have built in Eclipse ICE have been directly based off of JFace's TreeViewer and in some cases we have gotten sneaky and done it with modifications to the TableViewer.

For EMF models we typically use tree viewers that are autogenerated.

The main hierarchical data view in Eclipse for projects or other things is the "Eclipse Common Navigator Framework," which can be extended to do just about anything. We are hoping to rebuild some of what is custom in ICE to use this instead.

http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fcnf.htm

Others on the Science list may know about more tools in Eclipse.

Jay

--
Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory