Re: [science-iwg] Science Top-Level Project Charter

On 2016-06-24 05:17 PM, Tobias Verbeke wrote:
  1. The LGPL does not permit the re-licensing of binaries under terms other than the LGPL. (The EPL does.)

For my education, is this important for works that just use the library?

I think so. If you distribute a LGPL-licensed library embedded in an EPL-licensed work your EULA for the binary distribution would have to call out the LGPL-licensed library differently that the EPL pieces that you could re-license under proprietary terms.

HTH

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx