[science-iwg] Science Top-Level Project Charter

All,

I would like to inform you that the draft charter for the Science Top-Level Project was rejected by the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors in their face-to-face meeting last week. Their concerns were entirely related to the licensing section, which went beyond the norms and precedents set by other project communities at Eclipse.

However, the Board did approve a revised version of the Science TLP charter, with a revised licensing section included below. If you want to proceed with this charter, we could start the necessary re-structuring soon. Of course, that is entirely your decision to make. Please advise how you would like to proceed. I am happy to join a future Science WG call to discuss if that would be helpful.

Licensing

Approved licenses for projects under Science include:

  • The Eclipse Public License (EPL),
  • The EPL and the Eclipse Distribution License (EDL, also known as 3-clause BSD),
  • The EPL and the MIT License, and
  • The EPL and the Apache License Version 2 (ALv2),
with preference given to the EPL and EDL.

This list may be amended from time to time by the Science PMC subject to the unanimous approval by the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top