Re: [science-iwg] GSoC proposal for EASE

Hi Christian, Martin et al.

We use Jupyter on a daily basis and have developed Java libraries to interact both with local and remote kernels from an Eclipse console.

We will demonstrate these at the upcoming EclipseCon NA and it was (and is :-) our intention to launch a Jupyter Tooling project within the Science Working Group where we would then contribute these libraries.

While we have pretty clear ideas on where to take this to serve the data science community, I have no clear view yet on how to position Eclipse IDE scripting (with EASE) in this respect.

In any case, we may have interesting building blocks so let's discuss -- Jupyter tooling for Eclipse is cool!

Best,
Tobias

P.S. Attached an Eclipse console talking with a notebook server.