+1.613.220.3223
From: Erwin de Ley
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 11:43 AM
To: Science Industry Working Group
Reply To: Science Industry Working Group
Subject: Re: [science-iwg] Approach for news/blogs

Dear all,

For the moment I've started an experiment with a first post on http://eclipse.github.io/triquetrum/
This site uses the GitHub pages and Jekyll tools.
Next step is to get this into Planet eclipse.

I would be in favour of having a single place where we can easily find and post articles/blogs related to the Science IWG projects, as Jay and Andrea write.
Forums and mailing lists are good tools for handling short messages, discussions etc, but the content is often only relevant for some persons and also only for a short period of time.
A central place to offer a timeline/stream of articles/posts that have a wider scope and with a longer "period of relevance" would be a great addition to the tools-set for an IWG.
And it could provide a science-feed into aggregators like Planet eclipse, be easy to reference in eclipse newsletters etc?

Also in the context of using eclipse tools versus external tools (cfr the discussions about using GitHub issues vs eclipse bugzilla), I think having an eclipse-operated platform for blogs would guarantee long-term availability of the published content, whereas personal/company blogs come and go...

merry Xmas,

erwin