[science-iwg] Approach for news/blogs

Dear all,

Work, work, work, no holidays yet when working on new eclipse projects ;-)

As an unexperienced project lead, I was wondering what the "normal" approach is for eclipse projects to publish news/blog-items on a project (i.e. triquetrum in this case). I couldn't find a reference to eclipse blog tools or so, and it would seem that the Planet eclipse site is only a kind of aggregator of feeds that are published elsewhere? Also, I don't feel like writing PHP, advanced HTML, ... which seems to be required to get the project site in order and to create an own blog-like result. Nor do I think it would be a good idea that project-related blogs are set-up as individual committer blogs on WordPress or whatever.

So, as Triquetrum's repository is on GitHub, I started looking at GitHub pages and their Jekyll stuff to generate a project site and blogs etc. (and then I need to figure out all that modern stuff of RSS/atom feeds etc and how to get that linked in Planet eclipse)

Is that an acceptable way-of-working for Science IWG projects?
Anyone out there who has already some experience with this?

Thanks for any info/feedback on this!

and then indeed : Happy Holidays and best wishes for great projects in 2016!

erwin

Back to the top