Re: [science-iwg] Eclipse Datasets for Science

Same here. If 3 gets approved and added to Orbit I'll switch ICE over.

Jay

On Sep 10, 2015 12:06 PM, <Matt.Gerring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My vote math3 only.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jonah Graham
Sent: 10 September 2015 17:04
To: Science Industry Working Group
Subject: Re: [science-iwg] Eclipse Datasets for Science

Sorry, I think I left my question unclear at the end of the message. I am not proposing dropping complex support.

This is what I meant:
So, once org.apache.commons.math3 is approved, is there anyone who needs IDataset to work with org.apache.commons.math.complex.Complex as opposed to the new class (with the same functiionality) org.apache.commons.math.complex3.Complex?

Said in another way, do we need IDataset to support both org.apache.commons.math.complex.Complex and org.apache.commons.math.complex3.Complex or can we drop support for org.apache.commons.math.complex.Complex once org.apache.commons.math3 is approved?

I am hoping that once Philip gets org.apache.commons.math3 approved, everyone can start upgrading to the much newer package and we can drop support for the older one altogether.

Thanks
Jonah