Re: [recommenders-dev] [GSOC 2013] SnipEditor Weekly Report

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the update! Comments inline.

On Aug 30, 2013, at 3:26 PM, stefan.prisca@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
This is the weekly report for the snip editor:

What the plan for this week was:
-> Start working on the other pages of the editor. I was thinking that this could contain the rest of the data from the .json files(patterns, parameters, etc.). Marcel, what do you think about this?

Still a necessary feature. But the supporting the JFace language completely I think is more important ATM.

-> Set up a wizard to create new snippets.

What was accomplished:
I did not follow the plan exactly, as there were some syntax structures I had not implemented. So what I did this week is the following:

-> extended variable scope to the file level, enabling content assist and type recognition to variables outside classes as well.
-> implemented some more template syntax:

  • variable types like ${array_type} or ${iterable_type} are now supported. This are resolved to the Object [] type. e.g.:The following structure can be used to declare a variable: ${array_type} variable=new ${array_type}();
  •  special template variables are implemented:
    Content assist does not work for this yet.
    • ${array} is treated as an Object []
    • ${iterable} is also treated as an Object[]. I could not register it as Iterable because of generic types.

Will this be part of the next week's sprint?

    • ${var / localvar / field : (type[,type]*)} are resolved to the first type from the list.
    • Others are available as well but do not have their type computed.
  • imports have the following format now: ${imp:import (imp1, imp2, imp3, ...)}. Imports are still required to be at the beginning of the file.

+1 for it being at the beginning ATM.

Regarding
  • ${imp:import ...

the imp prefix is not hard coded, right? From the grammar documentation it seems to me that this isn't needed/can be blank.

-> I created a sketch for the metadata page of the editor. It only shows some basic info about the snippet at this moment.

Where can we find it?

What the plan for next week is:
-> implement type computation for the other template variables and continue implementing the remaining syntax
-> add functionality to the metadata page of the snipeditor (allow user to edit the fields)
-> test the syntax with java templates to ensure it works.

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to the next version of the editor next week

Thanks,
Marcel

Best Regards,
Stefan.