[recommenders-dev] [GSOC 2013] SnipEditor Weekly Report

Hi,
This is the weekly report for the snip editor:

What the plan for this week was:
-> Start working on the other pages of the editor. I was thinking that this could contain the rest of the data from the .json files(patterns, parameters, etc.). Marcel, what do you think about this?
-> Set up a wizard to create new snippets.

What was accomplished:
I did not follow the plan exactly, as there were some syntax structures I had not implemented. So what I did this week is the following:

-> extended variable scope to the file level, enabling content assist and type recognition to variables outside classes as well.
-> implemented some more template syntax:

  • variable types like ${array_type} or ${iterable_type} are now supported. This are resolved to the Object [] type. e.g.:The following structure can be used to declare a variable: ${array_type} variable=new ${array_type}();
  •  special template variables are implemented:
    Content assist does not work for this yet.
    • ${array} is treated as an Object []
    • ${iterable} is also treated as an Object[]. I could not register it as Iterable because of generic types.
    • ${var / localvar / field : (type[,type]*)} are resolved to the first type from the list.
    • Others are available as well but do not have their type computed.
  • imports have the following format now: ${imp:import (imp1, imp2, imp3, ...)}. Imports are still required to be at the beginning of the file.

-> I created a sketch for the metadata page of the editor. It only shows some basic info about the snippet at this moment.

What the plan for next week is:
-> implement type computation for the other template variables and continue implementing the remaining syntax
-> add functionality to the metadata page of the snipeditor (allow user to edit the fields)
-> test the syntax with java templates to ensure it works.

Best Regards,
Stefan.

The project repository: https://github.com/stefanprisca/SnipEditor/tree/Test
The update site:https://github.com/stefanprisca/SnipEditor_UpdateSite