[recommenders-dev] [GSOC 2013] SnipEditor weekly report

Hello,
This is the weekly report for the snip editor:

What the plan for this week was:

-> Solve the dependencies issue

-> Integrate the view into the maven build (if there is no need to start it from scratch, which might take some time).

What was accomplished:

-> the dependencies were solved. I added a simple package in the the ui project that contains the core classes from the old SnipMatch project. Also, i created a simple preference page to store the snippets location. In order to set it up, first select the path to the snippets, press the generate index button and then add the index file, which will be in the folder with the snippets (this should be done automatically, but i did not spend to much time to configure it).
The view can be opened from Window->Show View->Other->Other->Snippets View. After you configure the preference page, just hit the refresh button on the view and the snippets should be visible :).

-> the view and the preference page are integrated in the maven build, it all works from the update site fine.

I will set up some detailed instructions on how it works in the README file from the repository.

What the plan for next week is:

-> Start working on the other pages of the editor. I was thinking that this could contain the rest of the data from the .json files(patterns, parameters, etc.). Marcel, what do you think about this?

-> Set up a wizard to create new snippets.

Best Regards,
Stefan.

The project repository can be found here: https://github.com/stefanprisca/SnipEditor

The Update site: https://github.com/stefanprisca/SnipEditor_UpdateSite