[recommenders-dev] [GSOC 2013] SnipEditor weekly report

Hello,
This is the weekly report for the snip editor:

What i planed to do:
-> solve the error and integrate the multi-page editor in the main build
-> do research on how to set-up the editor into a view and start working on the view

What was accomplished:
-> Thanks to Fabian, the multi-page editor is integrated into the maven build
-> I managed to start the editor from the view with a double click on one of the snippets.

There appeared two problems tough:
  I used the old snipmatch view, which gave a lot of dependencies on the old project. I am not sure how to handle this dependencies. The cleanest way would be to start a fresh view, but this will take some time.
 The second problem is that, in order to obtain full functionality of the editor for the code snippets in the .json files, i had to make a java project in the workspace and create new .cSnip files there with the code from the .json files. This project is automatically created, if it does not exist, when the user opens a snippet from the list. I don't think this will bother anyone, and i will make the project delete itself when eclipse IDE is closed, s.t. users won't get stuck with it in the workspace.

What the plan is for the next week:
-> Solve the dependencies issue
-> Integrate the view into the maven build (if there is no need to start it from scratch, which might take some time).

Also, if it is ok, i will upload the updates on github during the next week when i get home. I apologize if there are inconveniences caused by this.

Best Regards, Stefan.

Back to the top