Re: [iot-wg] IoT WG Strategy for 2016

Stefan,

Thanks for the comments. I will post the document on the wiki. I do hope to discuss the details during our WG call later today.

Please see my comments below.

Ian

On 20/01/2016 7:38 AM, Ferber Stefan (INST/NE) wrote:
Ian,
Hello everbody,

thanks Ian to pull together all the facets of Eclipse IoT activity. I think it is important to have this document and the strategy behind.

I would propose to add some more topics
* adding some metrics: LOC contributed, #contributors, traffic on sandbox
>> Yes we can add these. We actually report on these metrics each month.
* a key IoT communication standard besides OPC-UA for Bosch is LW-M2M. Could we add this to the first bullet point "target key IoT standards"?
The section was referring to new projects that we wanted to recruit into the Eclipse IoT community. It was not intended to prioritize the existing standards we have at Eclipse IoT. We already have Leshan and Wakkamma for LWM2M. I would like to see a non-Java implementation of LWM2M at Eclipse IoT.  Is there something specific you want us to recruit to support LWM2M?

* the Liaisons and relationship with CloudFoundry IoT activities for me is important. Could we add a paragraph for this, too?

Yes I can add this. I agree it is important.

and I am thinking also how we can make some of the statement more concrete. For example I like the IoT Hardware and IoT Cloud catalog to demonstrate technical reach. Could we find something similar for other activities, too?

I will see what I can do.

One more suggestion is to have a page of real-world projects building on Eclipse IoT technology. This could be a "half-pager" for each project to show which use-case is build with it.
I agree this is important. We have started to publish case studies but need to do a better job promoting them. I also need help from projects and member companies to identify potential users.

Is it possible to co-edit this document in a wiki or on google drive? I don't like this personal-word-document-group-eMail-editing approach ;-)

Best regards, Stefan

Stefan Ferber
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Vice President Engineering
Stuttgarter Straße 130
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.de
blog.bosch-si.com

Tel. +49 711 811-58114
Mobil +49 160 90855152
twitter @stefferber
stefan.ferber@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach; Michael Hahn