Re: [iot-wg] IoT WG Strategy for 2016

Ian,
Hello everbody,

thanks Ian to pull together all the facets of Eclipse IoT activity. I think it is important to have this document and the strategy behind.

I would propose to add some more topics
* adding some metrics: LOC contributed, #contributors, traffic on sandbox
* a key IoT communication standard besides OPC-UA for Bosch is LW-M2M. Could we add this to the first bullet point "target key IoT standards"?
* the Liaisons and relationship with CloudFoundry IoT activities for me is important. Could we add a paragraph for this, too?

and I am thinking also how we can make some of the statement more concrete. For example I like the IoT Hardware and IoT Cloud catalog to demonstrate technical reach. Could we find something similar for other activities, too?

One more suggestion is to have a page of real-world projects building on Eclipse IoT technology. This could be a "half-pager" for each project to show which use-case is build with it.

Is it possible to co-edit this document in a wiki or on google drive? I don't like this personal-word-document-group-eMail-editing approach ;-)

Best regards, Stefan

Stefan Ferber
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Vice President Engineering
Stuttgarter Straße 130
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.de
blog.bosch-si.com

Tel. +49 711 811-58114
Mobil +49 160 90855152
twitter @stefferber
stefan.ferber@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach; Michael Hahn