Re: [ide-dev] Marketing IDE /was: Ctrl-1 driven development

Ian,Â

This email is specific about contributing howto videos

> As Mickael said would be nice to have a series of howto videos about Eclipse IDEÂ

I already had an experience making videos for Eclipse Scout.Â
It was easy and nice, because Matthias, the project lead, had already defined priorities and details:Â
- priorities: a list of titles for each video of the series
- details: a script for each video of the series

> As Max pointed out, the community should give direction and help.Â

priorities: we should ask the community to have a poll to define what are the most needed howto videosÂ
details: we should ask technology experts to prepare a script for videos to higlight the strenghts of their projects.Â

From my side, without the help of the community, I can propose the following topics:Â
> how to create E4 applications, build E4 App with tycho, test Eclipse Applications with SWTBot, create JEE webapp with WTP

Probably I can make a good work, as I have specific knowledge of all of the above, but I think the videos would be great if I can ask experts for the scripts.Â
As example: for E4 I can ask to Lars, for Tycho I can ask to Jan, for SWTBot, I believe Mickael would help, for WTP I could ask to Max, and so on ..

Kind Regards,

Patrik Suzzi
R&D SoftwareÂ
Engineer.