Re: [ide-dev] Marketing IDE /was: Ctrl-1 driven development

On 10/26/2015 02:53 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
Ian just stated that he would like to do it, but his challenge was to find people willing to provide the content.
Content don't just fall out of the sky like free software does, right :)
More precisely, my question is: who's expected to make promotional videos of Eclipse IDE ? Other IDEs have dedicated resources to identify and promote new features and turn them into marketing resources (videos, demos, talks); in the Eclipse Community for the Eclipse IDE, is it something that is meant to be done by contributors too, or is it something that the Foundation is expected to take care of ?
For the IoT part, I've seen much effort by the Foundation in producing and presenting a lot of marketing material (Benjamin and Ian have done a great job); but for the IDE, I have the impression such initiative is now missing, whereas NB and IJ are very fruitful at doing it.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat