[ee4j-pmc] Website devops rework

Greetings EE4J PMC.

It seems that we've reached the limits in how our website is set up. I'd set it up in its current form to get it moving quickly, but now it's time to reconfigure.

The short version is that the GitHub repository that we're using is actually a clone of the actual website repository that's hosted on EF infrastructure at git.eclipse.org/r. That EF repository has hooks on it that enforce the implementation of the ECA, which makes accepting pull requests on the GitHub repository and then pushing them to the EF repository (which retaining accurate author information) challenging. I can provide gory details if anybody wants to know more.

By way of background, the EF website repository is the means by which we push content to be rendered on www.eclipse.org/ee4j; there's no rule that says that this repository has to include the source content.

Anyway, it's time to rework how we do things. Instead of treating the repositories as clones/mirrors, I'll set up the GitHub repository as the "source" repository and generate out to the "website" EF repository. This way, the contributions to the source will be properly attributed and the corresponding generated content will be just that: generated content.

It may take me a couple of days to make this happen. In the meantime, we can accept pull requests on the GitHub repository as normal, but we'll have to wait to push the content out to the actual website until after I'm made the changes.

I hope that this makes sense... Again, I provide gory details for any part of this if anybody cares.

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects