Re: [ee4j-pmc] Servlet API kickoff

I do have a few answers while we wait for the Specification Committee.
Every project gets a dev list. All project committers should subscribe to it. This is the primary means by which the Eclipse Foundation systems will connect with the project team to, for example, inform committers of an ongoing committer election. It's called servlet-dev because the id of the project is ee4j.servlet. It would be great if project teams could use this channel for project-related discussions, but other public channels can also be used.

Please avoid private channels for project-related communication.
  • Do we keep everything on github?
The EE4J projects have opted to use GitHub, so the webmaster can help you create repositories in the eclipse-ee4j organization as needed. You can also use GitHub Issues, pull requests, etc.
  • Who has commit access to the repo? Why can’t we see who has access?
All project committers have commit access to the repo.
  • How is the TCK going to be managed? Where will the resources be provided from?
AFAIK, the TCK is being contributed in its entirety to the Eclipse Jakarta EE TCK project. The PMC has stated, however, that they'd like to have the TCKs separated and aligned with their respective API projects.
  • What should the copyright headers be? Can we change them?
The existing headers are, AFAIK, correct. You should have no need to change them. There's more help regarding documentation here.

HTH,

Wayne