Re: [ee4j-pmc] Travis CI timout extension

On 6/3/18 5:13 PM, Markus KARG wrote:
Lukas,

great to hear. What part of the pipeline limits the log to 4 MB, is it Travis?

yes, see: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/common-build-problems/#Log-Length-exceeded

another limitation, which may be faced by those having long running test, is 10mins time-out if there is no output produced by the test: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/common-build-problems/#My-builds-are-timing-out

Both are currently non-issues for EclipseLink as I've fixed custom test framework to be more verbose and I'm doing 'grep -E "\] Running |\] Tests run:"' on test output to get around all limitations. The only drawback this has is that in case of failure all one get to know from the log is only the name of the failing test, nothing more (ie there is no stacktrace in travis buld log)

thanks,
--lukas

-Markus

*From:*ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx
*Sent:* Sonntag, 3. Juni 2018 16:15
*To:* dmitry.kornilov@xxxxxxxxxx; EE4J PMC Discussions
*Subject:* Re: [ee4j-pmc] Travis CI timout extension

Hi,

EclipseLink test runs were split up in order to finish faster, so the longest run takes about 15 mins. From EclipseLink perspective increasing log size, currently 4mb, would be more useful. Without that it is impossible to run all tests in one go.

In any case Travis currently does what we, or at least I, expect from it.

Thanks,

--lukas

Sent from mobile