Re: [ee4j-pmc] Design Contest: Replacement for Duke Mascot

On 2018-05-10 6:37 AM, Dmitry Kornilov wrote:
I like the idea of creating a mascot for Jakarta EE. It can be whatever (fish, lion, tiger, worm, etc.). Is anyone would like to take an initiative and do it? We may also engage the community the similar way as it was with Jakarta EE logo.

As I said here[1], it is our (the EF) preference that we do this, but wait a little while before doing so....unless you all really feel that it's urgent. Picking the mascot logo would require a similar process to selecting the Jakarta EE logo...community submissions, trademark reviews, voting, trademark registrations, etc. It's real work, and we would prefer to push that out a couple of months.

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ee4j-pmc/msg00319.html

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx