From: ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2018 15:45
To: ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ee4j-pmc] Design Contest: Replacement for Duke Mascot

On 2018-05-10 6:37 AM, Dmitry Kornilov wrote:
> I like the idea of creating a mascot for Jakarta EE. It can be
> whatever (fish, lion, tiger, worm, etc.). Is anyone would like to take
> an initiative and do it? We may also engage the community the similar
> way as it was with Jakarta EE logo.

As I said here[1], it is our (the EF) preference that we do this, but wait a
little while before doing so....unless you all really feel that it's urgent.
Picking the mascot logo would require a similar process to selecting the
Jakarta EE logo...community submissions, trademark reviews, voting,
trademark registrations, etc. It's real work, and we would prefer to push
that out a couple of months.

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ee4j-pmc/msg00319.html

--
Mike Milinkovich