[ee4j-pmc] Design Contest: Replacement for Duke Mascot

Dear PMC,

recently I was told by the EF that I must not further use the Duke as a Mascot for any EE4J projects, as the EF wants to trademark all logos but the Duke is trademarked by Oralce.

While I literally hate this decision, I have to respect it and find a solution. For marketing reasons, and just for fun, having a Mascot would be great.

The only solution I do see is that we have to start a Mascot Design Contest. BTW, this time we should respect all the critics we earned with the Logo Design Contest: We need to have clearly described ALL criteria upfront, give enough time (six weeks at least), and publicly announce on the mailing list.

What do you think?

-Markus

Back to the top