Re: [ecf-dev] ECF project and Tycho

On 11/9/2014 2:08 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 08.11.2014 20:58, Wim Jongman wrote:
I think we can build non-epl but we are not allowed to distribute
non-epl from an eclipse domain. How could we engage in experiments if we
have no place to build. There is no specific content on eclipse.org
<http://eclipse.org> about what we can and cannot build on our HIPP.

The only relevant thing I can find is:

http://www.eclipse.org/legal/guidetolegaldoc2.php
Hi Wim,

I always lived under the impression, that you can only build EPL code on
a HIPP instance. If this assumption is incorrect, all the better.
Otherwise, we (OSU support) can probably spin up one more VM on our
machine there.

Yes. Given that we already have our own website, builder, and test infrastructure, I don't see any advantages of creating/using a HIPP instance. And there are a lot of associated hassles if we were to do so (restrictions or complexity of distribution of non-EPL components, OSGi CT usage/testing, our support for other target platforms...e.g. Karaf, etc).

+1 for using existing builder/build infrastructure.

Scott

Back to the top