Re: [ecf-dev] ECF project and Tycho

Hi! Great to hear about the move to Tycho. I have a lot of experience with Maven/Tycho/Hudson if you need

Great! The more people know the technology the better! Your help is greatly appreciated.

integrated JUnit and Findbugs into an automated build with reporting done through Hudson.

This is particularly interesting. Because of it's nature the ECF test suite is fairly complicated.

The biggest problems that I had to solve had to do with the target platform and building our applications in an offline mode. Is there a plan for the pom parent/child layout and possible maven profiles for separating the build into different "targets"?

We don't have a plan just yet. But ultimately we would be able to build our different modules/providers separately. On the other hand I am not eager to support many releng projects.

We have two build sites at the moment.

Official build:
https://build.ecf-project.org/jenkinsÂÂ --> backup: https://github.com/ECF/Build

and

Build for experiments (so called HIPP)
https://hudson.eclipse.org/ecf/

I suggest we start experimenting with our build on the HIPP and use the official build for reference only.

Cheers,

Wim