Re: [ease-dev] RCP e4 and EASE

Hi Mike,

Executing code in the UI thread is generally dangerous. I would rather let
the script do its calculations and then use
executeUI("")
from the UI module to do only the UI updates in the Display thread. Helper
methods in the UI module like showQuestionDialog() always use
Display.getDefault().syncExec(), which causes the deadlock in your case.
These methods should be improved and check if they are already running in
the UI thread. Then the respective code could be executed directly.

Regarding the workbench we have 3 use cases now:
1) Eclipse 3.x where we get it from PlatformUI.getWorkbench()
2) Headless where there is no workbench available
3) e4 where we need to retrieve our services from elsewhere

Christian