Re: [cbi-dev] [tycho-user] Merging CBI into Platform progress

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am not 100% sure, but I think you confirmed that P2 should handle
eclipsec.exe, but it does not and therefor PDE/Build has to provide a
workaround. So instead of code the same/similar workaround on Tycho, I
think the right solution is to implement proper eclipsec.exe support in
P2, where it belongs.

The p2 publisher I referenced already generates the correct filtered IUs for root properties like:
root.linux.gtk.x86_64=bin/gtk/linux/x86_64,gtk_root
root.linux.gtk.x86_64.permissions.755=libcairo-swt.so

The PDE builder reads that property and provides the correct FeatureRootAdvice for the publisher.

Does tycho already parse and provide root.linux.gtk.x86_64 to the p2 publisher?

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR