[wtp-proposal] Eclipse WTP kick-off meeting dates/organization

Hi everybody,

It's time for discussing about the code camp, even if discussions are
subject to board approval!

We need to run the kick-off meeting in June: Summer is a dead zone for
meetings and it would be harder in September/October.

One possibility for dates is: June, 14-17.

According Erich Gamma, we won't have the participation of the Eclipse
platform guys (Eclipse 3.0 priority). But the kick-off meeting is
especially to establish the groundwork for the project. As I see the
organization, the idea behind is to have a second meeting in
September/October with Eclipse platform team for a better integration of

Eclipse projects (of course, if some (?) Eclipse platform team members
may
be available for June, they will be welcome, but we can't rely on!)

There is a second possibility.

A Erich Gamma's idea is to have a kick-off meeting in parallel with
JavaOne.

So, what do you think about the different idea ?

The other point is the meeting organization (+/- impacting the dates).

Arthur Ryman has proposed the following agenda:
- 2 days for reviews of the contributions,
- 1 day for planning discussions (plan the initial code base and adopt
one
or another component, or merge),
- 1 day for wrap up and consensus.

To quote (again) Arthur: "We could shorten it more if we run the code
reviews in parallel sessions" and "We should leave the meeting with a
plan
for Milestone 0, and a roadmap for development".

Thanks for your feed-back/opinion.

Regards,
Dominique De Vito
Thales+ObjectWeb