Re: [wtp-jsf-dev] Running build from behind a proxy server..

Seems like what is needed is the ability to set the host and/or proxy strings in the build script via environment variables or similar so that they can be customized by the user without modifying the build script itself. This is the sort of thing we used to do in the old days with C/make/ksh.

--Cam

Raghu Srinivasan wrote:

I am running build.xml from releng.wtpbuilder. I am changing the settings in build.properties of releng.wtpbuilder.

-Raghu

David M Williams wrote:

I did a "google search" for "cvs proxy" and it appears that to use a proxy,
you need to specify something like the following,
instead of just
:pserver:
use something like

:pserver;proxy=www.yourproxy.com:

:pserver;proxy=www.yourproxy.com;proxyport=8080:

I'm not sure what the build.properties problem might be
(depends on your build.xml file :)
but you might also see and/or set your CVS_ROOT environment variable?

*Raghu Srinivasan <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: wtp-jsf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/25/2006 08:14 PM
Please respond to
Java Server Faces Tools developer discussion <wtp-jsf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"wt >> Java Server Faces Tools developer discussion" <wtp-jsf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	[wtp-jsf-dev] Running build from behind a proxy server..

Hi,

We are unable to run the build from behind a proxy server as an
anonymous user using pserver. We get the following error:
[cvs] cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to dev.eclipse.org:2401 failed: No
route to host

I note that the settings in build.properties related to CVS  such as
cvsServer do not seem to affect the connection properties. The build
always tries to connect to dev.eclipse.org:2401.

Is there a FAQ on this topic? I have seen the CVSHowTo FAQ at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CVS_Howto.  I am able to access the
repository using pserver from the Eclipse CVS feature..

Appreciate any pointers to relevant info.
Thanks
Raghu