Re: [wtp-jsf-dev] Running build from behind a proxy server..

No argument here! I suspect those that run build.xml from releng.build directly use a command something like

ant -f build.xml -propertyFile ../myproperties/build.properties

And simply "hand edit" that build.properties file for their machine. (keeping a handy copy in ../myproperties directory so its not later accidently erased by replacing
releng.wtpbuilder.
We do something similar in our automated cruiseControl scripts, but even then do not, as far as I can see, ever use that particular build.properties file.
I'm guessing, historicially, its been left there as a reminder of what's needed to be set, but still up to "local" user to set. (and, I'm not sure anyone regularly
updates that file with all the possible user-setable properties).

If you find this or similar procedure works, feel free to submit patches with improved default settings, and/or instructions or comments, or feel free to update
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Build_Process_and_Procedures

FYI, if you haven't seen recent  wtp-releng mailing list notes, I am trying to "clean up" releng.control project .. that is the source of build controling properties and governing scripts that are used
in the cruiseControl build loop. Reading those scripts might just make you dizzy :) ... but, might occasionally provide some insight into how our build works.
(Of course, after its all cleaned up, I'm sure it will be insightful :)

Cameron Bateman <cameron.bateman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-jsf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/25/2006 09:34 PM

Please respond to
Java Server Faces Tools developer discussion <wtp-jsf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Java Server Faces Tools developer discussion <wtp-jsf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-jsf-dev] Running build from behind a proxy server..

Seems like what is needed is the ability to set the host and/or proxy
strings  in the build script via environment variables or similar so
that they can be customized by the user without modifying the build
script itself.  This is the sort of thing we used to do in the old days
with C/make/ksh.

--Cam