[wtp-incubator-dev] maven support for DITA

Hi VEX developers,

I have created a concept some months ago for DITA documentation in maven-based continuous integration builds which is to assemble parts of the documentation dynamically.  Maven and maven plugins are a requirement at the build time.

For this concept to come to an implementation, I need some tooling support:
1) An editor that supports inclusion of code (DITA 1.2 feature)
2) A dita maven plugin that compiles the PDF during build time  (already exists at http://mojo.codehaus.org/dita-maven-plugin/ [apache 2.0 license])

3) An custom resource plugin that collects/filters documentation artifacts during maven build time.   (not existing)
This would have to be available in a maven repository for other people to use.

4) An IDE [wizard] that enables project creation with maven support. This would mean, that it would create a proper pom.xml with adecuate maven dependencies.

VEX currently does not have any of it #1 - #4.

I would like to work on it (#1, #3, #4), and I'm wondering if we can have a maven plugin (#3) as part of the framework, and also if that plugin can be automatically deployed to some maven repository.

Any thoughts on maven support?

Thanks,
Igor

Back to the top