[wtp-incubator-dev] Re: contributions to org.eclipse.wst.xml.vex

Igor,

Help is always needed and welcomed.  I would recommend first subscribing the the wtp-incubator-dev mailing list, which I've cc'd on this email.  Next you can get the latest code by importing the Team Project set file from the Continuous Integration build that runs on the Hudson server:

https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/WTP/job/cbi-wtp-inc.vex/

You can also get the latest P2 zip repository from there as well.   A good place to start with contributions is to look at the existing open bug list, and attach some patches.   Good quality patches with JUnits will really get some attention.  For a list of open bugs follow the link below:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;component=wtp.inc.vex;product=WTP%20Incubator;classification=WebTools

The DocBook side has been tested pretty well, but we definitely need some skills and attention on the Dita side of things.   In addition, there are a couple of big items that still need to be worked out.  We need a good integrated Multipage Source editor.   Having some good EMF skills would definitely help us on that front to get an EMF2DOM adaptor working correctly for Vex.   We also still need good namespace support as well as an interface into to use XSDs for the validators instead of solely relying on DTDs.   Vex also could use some love with displaying images, which it currently does not do.

More information on How to Contribute can be found on the Vex wiki.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Vex

I've copied Holger Voormann and Florian Thienel on this as well, the two main committers to the project.

Dave