Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] [XQDT] breakpoint question

Hi Lionel,

This works like this: The break notification comes with the answer to the run/step command:

<response transaction_id="RUN_COMMAND_ID" command="run" status="break" reason="ok" />

where RUN_COMMAND_ID is the id (the "-i" option) of the initial run/step command.

After this a "stack_get" command will be sent to the debugging engine, which of course you also have to answer in order to complete the break.

If something still doesn't work (it does not break in the editor), you are still missing a part which is not implemented. (the source locator, or smth with the stack frames, etc). So let us know what your progress is.

You can also look at the ZorbaDbgpTranslator how we handle the communication (we have to translate the DBGP protocol to our own). But you can see there some messaging issues.

Regards,
Gabriel