Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] [XQDT] Bugs in XQDTTypeFactory.buildType

Hi Lionel,

see inline

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Lionel Villard <villard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear XQDT developers,

XQDTTypeFactory.buildType is not working properly, for instance when the type is of the form "xs:simpleType". It also uses Arrays.binarySearch on a non-sorted array (which contains some misspelled type names).

1. Why non-sorted array? I remember that I sorted the list of basic types in the XDM. I did it with a sorting script so it must be the ASCII ordering.
2. Can you please point me out the misspelled names? Thanks!
3. Our engine (Zorba - the first debugger engine implementation) returns only the local names. We agree that the whole logic has to be extended to fully qualified names.

You can for now tell your debugger engine to send only the local names.

Before submitted a patch, I'd like to discuss about what type syntax this method should accept. Is the intend to parse a subset of the SequenceType syntax? I'm thinking that KindTest might not be critical to pretty print values. What do you think?

Syntax: I have created a bug entry for the syntax discussion and related problems:
We should start on this bug and create dependencies to it on related problem like the one below about the SequenceTypes.

SequenceTypes: The Variables view can show both the "declared type" and the "actual type". For now we show only the actual type, the one that the debugger engine returns when evaluating an _expression_. Of course this can be extended with the declared types and than the SequenceType syntax has to be supported in this Variables view somehow.

KindTest: what did you want to say with "might not be critical"?

Regards,
Lionel

Regards,
Gabriel