Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Integrating the JAX-WS DOM Tools contribution

>From my point of view there are some necessary factors -

One is extensibility - I'll want to create specific validations and processors
to form the particular development approach that my developers will use,
for example, I will never want my group to use unwrapped serialization on
the wire.

I know how to make these for the current approach, how would I make
them for the WST approach?

Two is API, which goes hand-in-hand with the extensibility piece. What's
the getting started time on the WST API and how complex is it compared
to the JDT-APT API?

Third, the JDT-APT is a good generic approach for Java outside the context
of WST. I'd like to be able to use it for other annotation library management
that is not related to web services at all and has no relation to WTP either.
The Annotations View is important for this too, and its filtering capabilities.

Fourth, speed - I would like errors to appear fast. I realize that if
you implement
a validation in a silly manner, it will slow everything down, but
there shouldn't
be a large run just to validate an annotation in one place on one resource.

I think I need to find out more about WST validation - so I'll go look at
the code in more detail.

 --oh

Back to the top