Re: [LIKELY JUNK]RE: [wtp-incubator-dev] Should we drop the POJO web service type in the Web Services wizard?

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Branekov,
Danail<danail.branekov@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am not convinced that it makes much sense to start a bottom-up web service
> wizard from an interface. The reason is that the development process
> (normally) starts with writing the implementation class and then “exposing”
> the implementation as web service.

That's not the only development process :)   People who are stringent about
their web service design will use contract-first - but for those who despise
WSDL, the define their contract as a Java interface. This is the approach
that I would recommend to developers, especially those in a team environment
where there are multiple services that need to have interaction tests based
on contracts.

For people that have gone down that particular path, not being able to choose
the interface as the portType would be somewhat inconvenient. I wouldn't like
the user to be punished because they are talking a stringent approach to
developing services.

 --oh

Back to the top