Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] JAX-WS Contribution. Next Steps.

> How would you prefer the “@author” value of the contributed classes’
> javadoc? Would you like to have the author’s email, the author’s name, or
> both?

There tends to be different attitudes on this topic. I personally don't
have no issues with author tags, but many open source projects insist
they are not present as the code doesn't "belong" to anyone.

The main reason (imho) for author name and email is so you can
contact them with questions about the code. So I would suggest
contacting the authors to see if they are ok with receiving questions
from the project about the code - if not, they may want the tag
removed.

 cheers
  --oh

Back to the top