Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Stylesheet View

Doug Satchwell wrote:
Its still at the experimental stage. It would be good as the outline view eventually, but there are some things that need to be tackled first.

I think the main obstacle has to do with receving notifications for change (adding/deleting nodes) from the model. There is no way currently to receive deltas from the model (each stylesheet being completely rebuilt when a change happens). I was wondering about the possibility of an EMF model, but thats as far as I got (thinking about it).
Well, currently the outline is only for the current Stylesheet. That is the way it works for java and other editors. Since it doesn't go beyond the current stylesheet it could work off the existing DOM model that is in the editor. This way it only listens for the changes that occurred in the existing editor.

I agree that we may want to relook at using EMF for the total model of the XSLT (we can generate the model from the XSLT Schemas).

I don't think M6 would be achievable, but it would be good to start work in it again soon.
Well, if we can't do it for M6, then we probably have to hold off until after Galileo is out as M7 and the release candidates are supposed to be for performance and bug fixes only. We may not want to expose the view to the user at all until we are more comfortable with it.

Dave

Back to the top