[wtp-incubator-dev] Re: JAX-WS Tools Component

Hi Naci,

> It would be good to do a review of "Runtime" definition and use as defined in Dali (for JPA), and JSF and JAX-WS, as they all have the same common features:

> - Defines a set of jars that are  added to a project as a library
> - Have the option of the library being provided by a runtime (jdk, appserver etc.)
> - Managed as a facet

Yes, definitely. We've had this request recently.

> Although it is much simpler to bring over the existing(retired) annotation views, I think it is very worthwhile to have Neil Hauge and > Dali guys involved to review the use of annotation tooling in Dali for JAX-WS. Dali annotation tools already integrates with JDT (not an easy thing from what I heard).

Would appreciate any insight and knowledge Neil and the Dali guys have buillt up in developing the annotation tooling used in Dali.
We can set something up to do a review.

> Better testing support with Web Service Explorer would also be very worthwhile - The last time I tried > WSE had problems parsing cascased includes and imports for wsdls/xsds generated by JAX-WS but the effort would benefit both.

Agreed.

Back to the top