Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Visual Editor for XML proposal

David Williams wrote:
David Carver wrote:
As I mentioned on the weekly WTP status call, here is the last proposal that has been under development.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP/VisualXMLEditor/Proposal
This is a great proposal that I think fits well with WTP and the Incubator project.

One question I have: taking it out of context, I saw mention "FOP processor for transforming XSLFO to PDF". But FOP and XSLFO is not currently part of vex, right? So that's all new work being discussed?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, since this code has existed for a while outside of WTP/Eclipse under a non-EPL license, it should go through the CQ process first (before being attached to a bug, preferably) ... and as soon as possible, since that will slow down the parallel process some.
I can send the code through CQ as I'm also a committer on the VEX project, and have gone through and updated all of their code to the EPL license. I'll get this done later today.

VEX does not currently include FOP or XSLFO, or any hooks into a XSL transformation language. So you are correct that would be an enhancement. The FOP piece would ideally be made an optional component that could be installed independently so that it is reusable outside of VEX. XSLFO/FOP almost fits best as it's own project proposal, but I definitely think VEX could leverage and plugin to the process.

Dave

Back to the top