Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Congratulations for a successful Release Review ...

David Carver wrote:
I'll see what I can do. Question I have on smoke tests, are these manual tests or automated tests?

Manual. See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Smoke_Test_Scenarios_R30
for some examples from other teams.
Typically they take only 20 to 30 minutes to run through.

Before we declare a build, we always want to make sure the teams have actually "used" it ... this is partially in recognition that our JUnit's don't cover everything, and we want to avoid huge embarrassing errors ... such as not being able to type in an editor due to null pointer exceptions, or similar. So, before each declared build, we have the teams document their smoke tests on pages such as
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R31_082107

In a similar vein of being assimilated :)
it'd be great to have XSL participation in Source Editing planning. See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_3.1_Project_Plan

Back to the top