[wtp-incubator-dev] Congratulations for a successful Release Review ...

The review this morning went without incident, so it is almost official (I think we'll get an official note, or something).

I have promoted M9 to the xsl incubation project's official downloads page
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/incubator/downloads/

And have switch the builds to use the R label instead of S or I.
So, this 0.5 R build,
http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/incubator-R0.5-R/20080813153448/R-0.5-20080813153448/
will be promoted as the released build one week from today ... be sure to let us all know if you need to release any fixes to that R-build, so
we all will know if it was intentional, required, more testing needed, etc. (And in the meantime, get your friends and neighbors to try our the R-build to be sure we've
made no silly packaging mistakes in it's final form.)

What's next?

Next week I'd like to start including the XSL component in the WTP builds, on the Eclipse 3.5 base and start making progress on the 1.0 Release (for next June, as part of Galileo). I'll leave it separately buildable, but with same pre-reqs as WTP, so you wont' have to wait around 6 hours but I'd like it to start being part of every wtp zip file.

Since WTP M1 is just a few weeks away, I'd suggest there not be too much new code/fixes until after M1 -- the goal would mostly be to get integrated, make sure all still runs with new pre-reqs, etc.

What after that?

I think then, besides the normal milestones, the next big checkpoint for XSL component will be a graduation review in the spring, probably April (after EclispeCon rush, but before release crunch). Between now and then, we'd simply be adding new functions, participate in the WTP project just like you owned the place, and start building up a good user base. Then graduation will be a breeze.

Any objections? Other plans?

I'll add some bugzilla milestone targets for 1.0 M1, 1.0 M2, etc.

Let me know if you, the XSL committers, would like to do something else, have objections, suggestions, etc.

Once again, congratulations on achieving your first release!

Back to the top