Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] what about distributing bcel and jcup_runtime?

David M Williams wrote:

I know these bundles are optional, but required for certain compile functions to work in XSL.

Is there no reason to distribute them with our XSL tooling? Anything faster? Anything more 'production' ready?
Just required for debugging? Just required for server side deployment?

I just last night noticed we were not distributing them, but have a vague, long-ago memory that we were supposed to. Should we add them to the feature to make sure they get pulled in?
Well, at the momement we don't have a Xalan Tranformer extension point setup to use the XSLTC transformer. The XSLTC transformer takes a Stylesheet and compiles it down to Java Byte Code. You can compile it realtime with the transformer and execute it. I personally haven't seen any speed difference between the compiled version and the normal interpreted version of the sytlesheet.

With that said, I do think we need to open an enhancement request so that Xalan users can choose to either use the normal Transformer or the XSLTC Transformer. So my vote is to distribute the bcel and jcup_runtime as they will be needed for this transformation process.

Dave

Back to the top