Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Smoke Test Time

As I see it, keeping or ditching Saxon is pretty much a matter of taste or preference. I don't have a strong bias either way. One way out would be to start a Saxon plugin project elsewhere, or find somebody who will. If that happens, I think we (Doug) should move the Saxon support there, since it would be very awkward to have competing extensions for Saxon.
I've already suggest that the best place for this is back at Saxonica itself. but that is is just my opinion. I say let the community decide long term. We can alwasy bring it back in the next Milestone build.

My fear is..as soon as we have Saxon in there as an option by default...we are going to be having users wondering why they can't debug with Saxon or run Saxon items by default. If we don't have it in there, it's easier to explain.

Did that make sense?

Yes.

Back to the top